A dirty chimney can cause chimney fires by preventing the escape of harmful gases. Regular chimney sweeping in Sevenoaks will ensure that your chimney is safe to operate. It will help if you get your chimney cleaned or inspected once a year. However, if you frequently burn coal or wood in your fireplace, it is suggested to choose a chimney sweep every season.
How often your chimney needs cleaning usually boils down to a few factors. If you have a fireplace, then choose to have an inspection once a year. It will ensure the safety of your chimney. You must then incorporate repairs, maintenance, or cleaning as required.
Follow These Tips
- If you regularly burn coal or wood in the fireplace should have the chimney swept every quarter.
- If you use smokeless fuel in your fireplace, then a once-a-year chimney sweeping will suffice.
- If you have a gas or oil fireplace, then once-a-year chimney sweeping is recommended.
Signs That Call for Chimney Cleaning
If you notice these early warning signs, you must contact your local registered chimney sweep company.
- The surrounding of your fireplace has started turning black.
- After burning wood or coal in your home, you can smell smoke.
- If your fireplace is performing inefficiently and you are noticing weak fire.
- If burning wood in your fireplace is causing more smoke than usual.
- If you notice soot dropping down the walls of your fireplace.
- If you find animal nests in your chimney.
- If you notice black participle deposits within your chimney.
Mr Clean Sweep is a NACS registered company and offers the most reliable chimney sweep in Sevenoaks. They are capable of thoroughly cleaning your chimney of built-up dirt particles.