Keeping your chimney clean is the least you can do to avoid chimney fires and other accidents. Even if you don’t use your fireplace very often or you just moved in a new place you still need to make sure that the chimney is clean otherwise mishaps like chimney fire can happen anytime.
Follow This Signs to Understand If a Chimney Cleaning is Required
- Weak and small flames are dumping sudden cloud of smoke into the room.
- Try and reach for the black damper, and if you can see any dirt or gunk there, then it certainly needs a cleaning.
- Burning smell coming from the fireplace even when not in use. For further information on this, you might want to contact Mr Clean sweep, the efficient chimney sweep in Tunbridge wells.
Items You Will Need to Clean Your Chimney
Even though some people prefer to contact professionals chimney sweep in Tunbridge wells to have their chimney cleaned, you can also do the initial inspection yourself. Here’s what you will need to identify the problem areas in your chimney:
- Some clothes or old sheets for covering the fireplace.
- Duct tape.
- Vacuum cleaner.
- Special rods and brushes made for chimney cleaning.
- Protection for your eyes.
So, if you can identify the signs and decide to clean your chimney then call for expert support.